Fixture recommendation

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I'm looking for an LED fixture to light a 36"L x 14"W x 14"H (size minus sump) AIO display tank. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, is controllable through a phone or controller, and is a quality build that won't set the house on fire. I currently have fish only, but intend to build a primarily softy/LPS tank.

I currently have an AI prime Sol on the tank and two Kessil knock off lights that came with the aquarium. I've just been using the AI prime since it's the most controllable.

Some fixtures I've been looking at to condense the three down to one are:

-AI Hydra 32
-AI Hydra 26 HD
-Kessil AP700 (super expensive, but I'm expecting a price drop on the used market when the AP9X comes out.)
-Kessil 360X w/ Spectral controller (again pricey)

I like the Kessil manufacturing process, the fact that all the LEDs are under one lense and some of the closest visually to MHs. I really like my AI for it's controllability and the ease of use.

Thanks for any recommendations.

OP
OP
iceman14555

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbreeders Photon V2/V2+
Noopsyche K7 Pro II (No phone app, but controller)
I was also looking at the reef breeders fixtures. That Noopsych K7 is interesting, but said it only covers 18"x18", although it doesn't mention the height that it covers that at. Do you have any experience with this fixture?

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also looking at the reef breeders fixtures. That Noopsych K7 is interesting, but said it only covers 18"x18", although it doesn't mention the height that it covers that at. Do you have any experience with this fixture?

I dont, not yet, but will use them over my tank that I am slowly working on. They can do 24x24 area just fine from everything I saw and read

OP
OP
iceman14555

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont, not yet, but will use them over my tank that I am slowly working on. They can do 24x24 area just fine from everything I saw and read

Thanks, I'll look into them they certainly seem ok. I do like that the reef breeders fixtures include everything though.

Back