• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FLAdaboy (Seller) - SPS pack with AEFW

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a pack from this seller and rec'd today with AEFW. Sent him a private message showing him the pics and he avoided any responsibility for it stating because I had dipped he wouldn't replace if anything died, etc. Wanted pics of the AEFW "on the coral" which we all know is much harder to see. I am taking the loss and tossing them since I just got my display completely reset and start from dry rock, no pests. Also I received on plug with colony Hydroids on it. Luckily I knew what that was and tossed it immediately. Buyers beware. When somebody just immediately gets defensive that's a huge red flag.
20180605_125044[1].jpg
20180605_125016[1].jpg
20180605_125003[1].jpg
20180605_124951[1].jpg
20180605_124940[1].jpg
20180605_124934[1].jpg
20180605_124921[1].jpg

OP
OP
Brad Vaughn

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After speaking to the seller I see I should've talk to him more before leaving this feedback. After his initial response I made an assumption, my error, I had no other recourse, but I don't think he knew he had the flatworms and he seems willing, or that he would have been willing before my feedback, to take care of any problems. My mistake in jumping the gun with this and this should not reflect badly on him. Unfortunately it has now escalated so I have decided to try and let paypal resolve it. I just wanted to publicly take responsibility for my error in how this could have been resolved better.

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure why, but I feel like I should respond. I have not had any issues with customers until now. This customer sent me pics that were unidentifiable (pics in bags would’ve been nice but not expected due to circumstance). I only received a picture of two pieces then a bunch of aefw pics. Upon notification I reached out to a gentleman that just received a box from me. He stated that he dipped twice and noticed nothing falling off the frags each time. I inspected my tank and no evidence of aefw. My frags are kept in my display tank and again, no evidence of aefw. Now back to this guy, he apparently threw all the coral away so now I can’t do any further inquiry in his situation to help remedy this. I’d like to help but it’s hard to help someone that doesn’t have sufficient proof aside from a pic of two pieces and some images of aefw by themselves. The only solution I can supply is a partial refund of the only two pieces I can only assume are the ones I sent.

OP
OP
Brad Vaughn

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to try and work with the seller I amended my earlier statements. Latest update he is basically claiming my pictures are fake .. that i just sent him pics of worms and frags he doesn't recognize. I had originally tried to save them by putting them on new plugs and breaking the bottoms off before then deciding I had better just throw them out. He says he doesn't see any worms in his tank. These are the facts of what's happened, not perceptual interpretations. I leave this feedback here and highly recommend you not order from him for because you could get AEFW. He may have something in his tank eating them under control... who knows. The pics, to me show evidence of AEFW bite marks and anyone who has had them knows what they are. As you can see above I tried to be open and work with him.

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to try and work with the seller I amended my earlier statements. Latest update he is basically claiming my pictures are fake .. that i just sent him pics of worms and frags he doesn't recognize. I had originally tried to save them by putting them on new plugs and breaking the bottoms off before then deciding I had better just throw them out. He says he doesn't see any worms in his tank. These are the facts of what's happened, not perceptual interpretations. I leave this feedback here and highly recommend you not order from him for because you could get AEFW. He may have something in his tank eating them under control... who knows. The pics, to me show evidence of AEFW bite marks and anyone who has had them knows what they are. As you can see above I tried to be open and work with him.
If something is eating them and keeping them under control in my tank, then shipping them overnight releases the horde?

OP
OP
Brad Vaughn

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I am so done with this. No matter what I say you come up with reasons why it's wrong. I got AEFW in my shipment period. Pictures show the bite marks and the worms in my sink. No more messages. It's not working and I'm tired of trying.

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I am so done with this. No matter what I say you come up with reasons why it's wrong. I got AEFW in my shipment period. Pictures show the bite marks and the worms in my sink. No more messages. It's not working and I'm tired of trying.
I told you, I will gladly reimburse the pics I was sent. That’s me assuming those are my pieces and taking you at your word with the evidence provided. That is fair. You are obviously a difficult person to please.

OP
OP
Brad Vaughn

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to be reimbursed 50% with PayPal which is all I asked for to try to expedite the case. Always go through PayPal and take LOTS of pictures before you do anything to try to solve it.

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s pretty crazy how pp doesn’t investigate and this is still the only one to date that has had an issue. Several buyers before and several since. Seller beware. I’m glad it’s over and my corals are still good.

OP
OP
Brad Vaughn

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A perfect example of what I dealt with trying to seek honest resolution. Argumentative right from the start stating "doa policy" because I took the frags off the plugs in order to try to save them.

OP
OP
Brad Vaughn

Brad Vaughn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it to God! We're all his children. He loves and wont hesitate to put us in our place when we need it.
Dan I totally agree and turned it over just a few minutes ago, realizing I needed to let go (again). I just wanted to respond to the questions some had asked. Not into the conflict. Thanks for the reminder. I am not running the show here!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back