Flame angelfish with anemones

farris giffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I have a massive long tentacle anemone around 10 inches across hosting a pair of bullet hole clownfish . That’s the only thing in the tank other than fish and cuc . My question is can I add a flame angel with it ? My clownfish are quite protective of it but recently I added a sohal tang ( he is really friendly ) but whenever he gets close they no longer shoo him or other fish away so I’m scared my clowns will not protect their nem from an angel .
any help would be appreciated

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming your tank is large enough for a dwarf angelfish, probably. I have 7 bubbletip and condi anemones in my 160-gallon with 2 dwarf and 2 regular angelfish. I have a pair of mocha clownfish that regularly host 2-3 of the anemones, and the little buggers pretty much spend 24/7 in there.

OP
OP
F

farris giffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming your tank is large enough for a dwarf angelfish, probably. I have 7 bubbletip and condi anemones in my 160-gallon with 2 dwarf and 2 regular angelfish. I have a pair of mocha clownfish that regularly host 2-3 of the anemones, and the little buggers pretty much spend 24/7 in there.
Yeah it’s big enough . Thanks for the help

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s big enough . Thanks for the help
I think the flame angel will probably steer clear of your anemone. The only time my dwarf angels spend any time near one of my anemones is at night in a cave where they sleep with 2 of the smaller ones.

OP
OP
F

farris giffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the flame angel will probably steer clear of your anemone. The only time my dwarf angels spend any time near one of my anemones is at night in a cave where they sleep with 2 of the smaller ones.
Ok thanks for the help

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back