flame thrower losing color help!!!!!

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last couple days my alk got low(6dkh). I slowly am bring it up over two days. My flame thrower and Immolotion orange are turing white. There flesh is fine and the are eating but there color is almost gone. They are both shaded. They are not getting to much light . They have been in the same spot for three months and been fine. What else do you guys and girls think in could be. My mag is 1320 if that helps any..

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you found the problem they dont handle low Alk which also means your Ph was probly fluctuating at night which also can cause bleaching just do what your doing and slowly bring things back up like your doing and they should recover.

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep them where they are, don't move them at all. they will eventually regain their color

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen colonies completely bleach and recover within 2-3 months. frags should be quicker

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen colonies completely bleach and recover within 2-3 months. frags should be quicker

Agree it just all depends. I bleached my FT out dosing Vodka and it been about a month and its allmost back to its full color but some of my other chalices are taking longer

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a browned out FT from a similar tank mishap and it colored up for me within a month! They color back up pretty quickly and once theyre settled in i think they can be pretty solid.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi...I'm running neozeo and keep my alk at 7dkh and never seen any Ill effects on my chalices...Everything is nice and colored..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back