Flat worm exit before the infestation?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On several occasions I have found flat worms in my sump. They are not to the point of infestation but since I find them I know they are here. I'm wondering if I would be better using flatworm exit now before they become an infestation so I don't get as much of the toxins released simply because there aren't hundreds of them? Should I be proactive and use it now?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On several occasions I have found flat worms in my sump. They are not to the point of infestation but since I find them I know they are here. I'm wondering if I would be better using flatworm exit now before they become an infestation so I don't get as much of the toxins released simply because there aren't hundreds of them? Should I be proactive and use it now?

Is there any reason you would prefer to have your tank more toxic?

vote: yes, yes, yes. Yes. lol

Remember to do a second (and third) dose a couple weeks out to get any eggs that hatch so you get them all.

I didn't think I had many but was shocked at how many began floating around at the start of my first treatment. You have probably seen this, but I found it very helpful:

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Along the lines of what @Fish Think Pink said I would not be so sure of how limited the population you have now really is. I would prepare as if it is an infestation and be ready for adding Carbon, WC, etc. Its shocking how many usually are there for every 1 you see.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any reason you would prefer to have your tank more toxic?

vote: yes, yes, yes. Yes. lol

Remember to do a second (and third) dose a couple weeks out to get any eggs that hatch so you get them all.

I didn't think I had many but was shocked at how many began floating around at the start of my first treatment. You have probably seen this, but I found it very helpful:

Along the lines of what @Fish Think Pink said I would not be so sure of how limited the population you have now really is. I would prepare as if it is an infestation and be ready for adding Carbon, WC, etc. Its shocking how many usually are there for every 1 you see.
It probably is much worse than I realize but I have only seen them in the sump. I do have 2 blue damsels and a 6 line in the display so they may be helping. The tank is coming along nicely and I don't want them to get out of hand like some that I have seen while reading up on them. The first one I saw was large and they way it moved I thought it was one of the coolest creatures I had found in the tank. Lol little did I know. I have some old canister filters from my freshwater days so. I'll get one of them up. and running for carbon. I also have two 32g brute containers so will get both filled with fresh salt water, I typically only keep one filled. I have seen these little guys on the glass and thought they were cool too :zany-face:
Screenshot_20221207-143421_Chrome.jpg

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably is much worse than I realize but I have only seen them in the sump. I do have 2 blue damsels and a 6 line in the display so they may be helping. The tank is coming along nicely and I don't want them to get out of hand like some that I have seen while reading up on them. The first one I saw was large and they way it moved I thought it was one of the coolest creatures I had found in the tank. Lol little did I know. I have some old canister filters from my freshwater days so. I'll get one of them up. and running for carbon. I also have two 32g brute containers so will get both filled with fresh salt water, I typically only keep one filled. I have seen these little guys on the glass and thought they were cool too :zany-face:
Screenshot_20221207-143421_Chrome.jpg
Ghost Flatworms are cool :cool:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back