Flat worm?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
944
Location
Yellow Springs ohio
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just dipped a frag I received last week that has been in my qt tank and found this tiny flat worm. It has a forked tail. Should I be concerned?
Thanks
Jeff

EA77BA75-860D-4870-A06A-80E917F90397.jpeg
 
indeed a flatworm. It is likely harmless if it's small, but can reproduce fast and cover corals pretty bad. I would attempt to not allow them in my display. I applaud you for running corals through quarantine as well.
 
does anyone know if this is a bristle or fireworm? its a zoomed in photo...

IMG_0226.jpg IMG_0227.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new