Flatworms attack

JazzChing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realised hundreds of brown flatworms found in my tank. So I bought a yellow wrasse from my lfs and planning to get another six line wrasse. Other than buying wrasse to eliminate flatworms, any other effective ways ? Well I personally not planing to use any chemical tho actually.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just realised hundreds of brown flatworms found in my tank. So I bought a yellow wrasse from my lfs and planning to get another six line wrasse. Other than buying wrasse to eliminate flatworms, any other effective ways ? Well I personally not planing to use any chemical tho actually.
The predation route is a sound and reasonable approach for control. While I understand your hesitancy to use additives, depending upon how effective the wrasses are, you may consider dosing something like Flatworm Exit for eradication. Especially if they are (most likely) in your sump / plumbing. The caveat being that, if you go the chemical route, you have to be mindful of massive die off releasing toxins into your system, which can crash it. Carbon and large, frequent water changes should be an initial consideration.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back