flatworms

Polishpower

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2013
Messages
145
Reaction score
15
Location
Northeast, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed today that I have a bunch of flatworms in my biocube 14. I ha e tried finding info bit I want to go over the plan on here and make sure it will be OK. First I'm going to get as many as I can. Then I'm getting the flatworm rx . Will I be able to dose this directly to the tank? Will any of this hurt my corals or fish? After I will do a gallon water change. Think this will work? Thanks for the help.
 
Flat worm rx can mess with your coral.
14 gallon bio cube is most Likely to small for a melinarus wrass but that's how I got rid of my flat worms years ago.
I still got the wrass and I haven't seen a flat worm since.
What kind of coral do u keep?
 
I have used flatworm exit before and had no issues. The treatment is not what will bother the livestock. The dead worms will produce some toxins. You have to use a bunch of fresh carbon to remove the toxin. I didn't have a bunch of flatworms when I used it though. I used it to eradicate zoa eating nudibranch.
 
Good advice Pete ur right .
The dead flat worms are toxic.
Try to siphon out as many as u can first before using the rx.
 
It is the white kind. I have zoas torch's and one blue tort. So the carbon I would use for this would just be the extra filter pad that came with the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new