Flow Help!

Angelos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
greece
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i have 100gallon mixed reef. I will upload photo bellow so you can see the scape. I recently acquired 1 maxspect gyre, 1 nero and 2 other jebaos. With my current mp40, what is your opinion on flow, and what other configuration should i try. Everything i do keeps blasting my lps to hard.Current position of the flow pumps is posted also!



IMG_3592.jpeg

IMG_3591.jpeg
 
Focus on air water interface at surface of tank.

I am not familiar with the devices that you are using, however, with so much, I would expect more agitation on surface water. Depending on the rest of your biofiltration, it is just adequate.

Consider directing pump discharge to the surface from opposing sides of tank.
 
Hello, i have 100gallon mixed reef. I will upload photo bellow so you can see the scape. I recently acquired 1 maxspect gyre, 1 nero and 2 other jebaos. With my current mp40, what is your opinion on flow, and what other configuration should i try. Everything i do keeps blasting my lps to hard.Current position of the flow pumps is posted also!
I hope you are not using all of those wavemakers at the same time.

What models are they? Obviously the Vortech is a MP40.
But what are the others?

Maybe just a pair of the Jebaos
 
Hello, i have 100gallon mixed reef. I will upload photo bellow so you can see the scape. I recently acquired 1 maxspect gyre, 1 nero and 2 other jebaos. With my current mp40, what is your opinion on flow, and what other configuration should i try. Everything i do keeps blasting my lps to hard.Current position of the flow pumps is posted also!



IMG_3592.jpeg

IMG_3591.jpeg
I have been using the tanksense.app to model my tanks flow. Really good, shows a 3d image specific to your tank and wavemakers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new