Flow in a IM 50 lagoon

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone,

So I have an IM 50 Lagoon AIO. I'm running them at 100% on random mode and in anti sync. I'm still getting dead stops in the tank. And was wondering what you guys would Do.

1)redo the rock work, since i don't have that many corals.

2)sell them and get mp40's

Or what modes are you guys finding works for you? I have them straight across from each other.

Thank you and have a great day!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 mp10 running to create a general flow. It's on yellow or blue doesn't really matter. It's not a gyre just big tank flow, it's also placed bottom third behind my rocks to push stuff up.
Then I have two dc tunzes Turbelles mounted high that I use for directional flow. These I adjust based on coral location. Flow oscillates between low and little higher. Nothing is synchronized. No dead spots and if I develop one, I'll redirect a Tunze or crank up the flow in that or the mp10.

Upvote 0

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone,

So I have an IM 50 Lagoon AIO. I'm running them at 100% on random mode and in anti sync. I'm still getting dead stops in the tank. And was wondering what you guys would Do.

1)redo the rock work, since i don't have that many corals.

2)sell them and get mp40's

Or what modes are you guys finding works for you? I have them straight across from each other.

Thank you and have a great day!
Where do you have them mounted? I have one of each of the IM wavelink pumps about 4-6in above the sand all the way in the back by the filtration wall. The big one is set to 1 (lowest setting) and the small one is set to 2 and combined with my return pump it’s almost too much for my lps corals. If I put them both on 9 I doubt the fish could swim. There can be many variables but where they are placed might have something to do with it. Got any pics of your setup?

Upvote 0

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you run them anti-sync? I have 2 in a nuvo20 and can’t figure out how to get them out of sync.

Upvote 0

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you run them anti-sync? I have 2 in a nuvo20 and can’t figure out how to get them out of sync.
I think you just press the sync button until the sync light goes out. Mine somehow got disconnected from each other and I’m having trouble getting them back in sync.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back