Flow in new build

1bitereefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
44
Location
Annapolis, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of building a new SPS dominant, 40ext. I currently have 2 mp10’s for the tank. But I’m wonder if I should pick up another pump for the reef or if the 2 MP10’s will be enough flow for the reef.
 
Should be enough. 1500gph each. Which would 75 times your water volume. Always can pick up more pumps if needed when the corals grow out.
 
Not sure what is meant by 40ext, is that like a 40 breeder tank? if so
I think some mp40s half power would be a better choice, compared to running a mp10's at 100% and if you upgrade you can take them will you in that process..
 
Not sure what is meant by 40ext, is that like a 40 breeder tank? if so
I think some mp40s half power would be a better choice, compared to running a mp10's at 100% and if you upgrade you can take them will you in that process..
Its the Innovative Marine NUVO 40EXT is 24"x20"x19"
 
In that case a mp40 prob a little much... I would probably add one more mp10 though, putting 2 towards the top and one low to help keep detritus suspended.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new