flow in refugium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter J Rog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Messages
1,266
Reaction score
249
Location
Orlando, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ever since I set up my tank i have had very low flow.. Is it better to have hi flow or low flow through the refugium? and why?
 
in a fuge you want low flow to give a longer "dwell time" for the water. It gives the biological filtration more time to happen.
 
Cool, I just feel like maybe mine is to slow.. It drips out into the sump super slow and I just don't feel like its doing enough..
 
It is probably putting out much better water with it going slow. If you want you can up the flow a little but I wouldn't. I wish my flow was that low :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new