Flow question for new tank

sirburke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

I recently started a new tank (getting back into the hobby after a very long absence) and I am having a bit of a flow issue. The tank is a 55 gallon that came pre drilled with the xaqua in and out which aligns with the sump from eshopps at 600 gal/hr. I have a Coral Box 6000 running at 20% and the return is a bit less than 4 feet up.

if I slow the return, which I could do with the wave pump compensating the sump gets higher than it is supposed to and I believe I would need to add water to the system since the drain starts to gurgle.

At 20% I very slowly lose a little ground until the a kicks in and refills the return chamber.

with that background I have two issues...

The slow loss at 20% in the return chamber and a waterfall sound in the overflow which makes me think I should add more water to the system and boost the speed of the return pump to create a better siphon.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
S

sirburke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to adjust the height of your drain.
do you mean. In the sump or the tank. I can cut the shot down spout into the sump and make that shorter but the drain itself is fixed in place on the back wall of the tank.

Back