Flow question for two large tanks

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,642
Reaction score
67,824
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've actually got two tanks I'm setting up, so I'll list them individually and ask you guys to give your ideas on one or both tanks. My questions are about adding/modifying flow...

Tank #1 is a 180g reef. I am planning it to be a mixed reef but LPS dominate. The tanks dimensions are 72" x 24" x 24". I will be running a sump with refugium.

Tank #2 is a 120g predator reef. I am planning this to be very forgiving corals that like lots of nutrients...not likely to be much if any sps here. It will also have a sump with refugium.

For flow, I have 2 mp40s and 2 tunze 6101s w/ 7095 controller for the tunzes. I also have the modded mj1200, 2 koralias 1400s, and modded mj900 from my old systems.

My plan is to use the tunzes on one tank and the mp40s on the other and have a couple of constant flow powerheads (the mjs and koralias) divided up between the two. My controllable pumps would be on the opposite sides of the tank from each other with the constants aimed upward off the back wall...

I can't decide which pumps to use on which tank or if I should try and find some more tunze powerheads (since the 7095 will control up to 4 without the expansion kit and up to 8 with it). Thoughts? What suggestions would you make with this equipment?
 
Last edited:
Nobody? :-(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
 
I would do the mp40's on the 180 and the Tunzes on the 120.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new