Flow questions.. Gyre and placement.

Thanks for the update. I had one vertical on the back but just half of it blowing on the bottom half across the glass then the top half was pointed out toward center. It didn't help my cyano issue in the back opposite corner under my overflow box. I will have to try pointing both of them across the back and see how that goes.

I wonder if anyone has had success mounting 2 on the back glass facing toward the front.
I have two on the back facing towards the front now but they are vertical and its in a cube. Tried it in a rectangle and it didn't seem very effective.
 
PXL_20210808_151543451.jpg

PXL_20210808_151607169.jpg


Okay so, I set them up both vertical according to the flow drawing posted on here earlier. Top half is turned to intersect at the middle of the tank. Bottom half is turned to blow across the front and back glass. This has fixed one dead spot and created another 2. I now have a cyano issue under the back Gyre where it should be blasting the sand across the bottom and another in the middle of the tank between the 2 rock structured. Also the front of the glass is creating a blast of water downward digging sand out and making a hole down the to base glass along the front. I'm using a few different. Flow patterns throughout the day and have them limited to about 60 percent as more than that was not only noisy but made all the sand blow around even more. I also have them set to the nutrient export mode with backwards allowed for an hour at about 5pm every day. Still not happy with the dead spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new