Flowers - Feedback

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
0
Location
Lexington, Ky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sid got me curious last night, so thought I'd ask for some critique on a couple flower pics I took a couple weeks back. These were taken inside using 200w strobes (one with a softbox, one with an umbrella). They were wet when I got them out of the flower bed, so I left them so. I intentionally wanted them to be on the dark side, since I think it shows the best contrast with the dark greens, oranges, and purples.

IMG_0637.jpg



IMG_0629.jpg
 
They look great!

The first one looks like the leaves were brought into focus while the actual flower is somewhat out of focus.

Did you manually focus?
 
Yeah, I manual focus everything when shooting macro. For some reason, photobucket softens photos up when I upload them. I shot a pretty small aperture on these, so they should be in focus. Do these look any better (same pictures, just uploaded via flickr instead of photobucket)?


IMG_0637 by mfdrookie516, on Flickr


IMG_0629 by mfdrookie516, on Flickr
 
Wow!! Gorgeous pics!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new