Fluconazole for bryopsis

KayKaytn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers. I posted this on the Bryopsis thread but I think because it’s such a massive thread that’s a couple of years old, no one saw it. So posting here in the hope that someone can answers me. So I started Floconazole treatment yesterday, and I was an idiot today and decided it was time to sort out the green star polyp that was taking over my rock work. This resulted in the GSP terpenoid compounds (I think that's what they are called) and that really upset a bunch of my corals and my BTA. So I added Chemi-Pure back to help clean up the water again. So now I assume this has removed the medication from my tank too. Is my assumption correct and if so, can I add the full dosage back again after I remove the Chemi-Pure? Thanks! And included a pic of my beautiful bryopsis!

B5D8EC28-1E3C-4B14-B444-DB3C0202251D.jpeg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your system? How long have you been running the chemi-pure? What are your tank parameters?
Probably going to want to do another water change you’ll have trace amounts of the Fluconozole in your system but the chemipure probably cleaned up a good portion of it depending on the size of your water column.

OP
OP
KayKaytn

KayKaytn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @BighohoReef
System is 36 gallons. Been running chemi pure for 26 hours now. Haven’t measured parameters for a week, but last read:
PH 8.2
KH 7.9
Cal 420
Mag 1290
Salinity 1.025
Temp 81 (I know it’s a bit high at the moment)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @BighohoReef
System is 36 gallons. Been running chemi pure for 26 hours now. Haven’t measured parameters for a week, but last read:
PH 8.2
KH 7.9
Cal 420
Mag 1290
Salinity 1.025
Temp 81 (I know it’s a bit high at the moment)
You have a small water column, I would retest your parameters. If everything seems relatively stable do the water change. New water (rodi) then redose the fluconozole.

Drumbum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers. I posted this on the Bryopsis thread but I think because it’s such a massive thread that’s a couple of years old, no one saw it. So posting here in the hope that someone can answers me. So I started Floconazole treatment yesterday, and I was an idiot today and decided it was time to sort out the green star polyp that was taking over my rock work. This resulted in the GSP terpenoid compounds (I think that's what they are called) and that really upset a bunch of my corals and my BTA. So I added Chemi-Pure back to help clean up the water again. So now I assume this has removed the medication from my tank too. Is my assumption correct and if so, can I add the full dosage back again after I remove the Chemi-Pure? Thanks! And included a pic of my beautiful bryopsis!

B5D8EC28-1E3C-4B14-B444-DB3C0202251D.jpeg
Have you checked out the
"Vibrant liquid cleaner"
Thread?
Might be worth the read before you add meds.
I couldnt copy the link for you.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck with the treatment? I'm about to do the same, bryopsis is growing on a frag of Palythoas I have.... Tried manual removal and Hydrogen peroxide, it just grew back more.

OP
OP
KayKaytn

KayKaytn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck with the treatment? I'm about to do the same, bryopsis is growing on a frag of Palythoas I have.... Tried manual removal and Hydrogen peroxide, it just grew back more.
Not yet. I am only three days in now, so I expect it will take more time. I did lose my cleaner shrimp today :( But may be unrelated. Will let you know how it progresses

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. I am only three days in now, so I expect it will take more time. I did lose my cleaner shrimp today :( But may be unrelated. Will let you know how it progresses
5 days in and it's all whithering away, pretty impressed and happy with the outcome. No other fatalities other than the algae.

OP
OP
KayKaytn

KayKaytn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 days in and it's all whithering away, pretty impressed and happy with the outcome. No other fatalities other than the algae.
Glad to hear yours is coming along. I am starting to see some die back on the smaller patches, but the bigger patches are still pretty green. Patiently waiting!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back