Flushing Kalk dosing lines with Muriatic Acid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bozo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bozo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2015
Messages
522
Reaction score
150
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a BRS 1.1 mL doser that doses kalk to my tank from 30 feet away through some John Guest 1/4th inch RO tubing

I have no idea if the line has any build up in it as it is in the wall.

Do you guys think flushing the line with muriatic acid through the BRS 1.1 mL/hr doser would help?

Thanks
 
I could. But I'd try diluting the muriatic acid by 50% the first time. Diluting it at 10:1 makes it the same as vinegar.
 
I have a BRS 1.1 mL doser that doses kalk to my tank from 30 feet away through some John Guest 1/4th inch RO tubing

I have no idea if the line has any build up in it as it is in the wall.

Do you guys think flushing the line with muriatic acid through the BRS 1.1 mL/hr doser would help?

Thanks
I expect it would get it clean as a whistle
 
I flush mine once a year with diluted muriatic acid 10:1. Dosing lines have always been relatively clean, it’s the awc lines that get buildup for me. I’m using rodi lines through the walls as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new