Fluval 207 Canister return through HOB UV

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone routed the return from a Fluval 207 through a HOB UV filter? I am concerned with the corrugated hose and how to transition up to the 1/2 inlet on the UV filter, looking for pics and experience/successes. Thanks for your help.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone routed the return from a Fluval 207 through a HOB UV filter? I am concerned with the corrugated hose and how to transition up to the 1/2 inlet on the UV filter, looking for pics and experience/successes. Thanks for your help.
I used a Fluval FX4 with an inline UV - which worked fine. I assume you already bought the equipment?

If not - there is a certain rationale (at least in my mind) - in having the UV before the canister filter (which would mean you kill alot of stuff before its filtered out). If you have the UV at the end - to me - there is a possibility that you're filtering out a bunch of parasites, algae, etc - and its never getting to the UV. I don't know whether you have a sump, etc - my guess is that you dont. I was just giving my opinion.

If you have the equipment - I would take the hose (the exit hose from the fluvial - and the UV to Home Depot - I believe there are adapters you can piece together especially if you have the equipment with you. For example - corrugated tube to PVC perhaps with a quick disconnect (to allow you to clean both the filter and UV), and then a connection to the UV. Hope this makes sense:). Good luck with the project.

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does thank you, and yes I was using an HOB aqua clear filter just switched to cannister a few weeks back, and I won or was gifted a HUGE UV during Black Friday from BRS way to big for any tank ill ever have so I sold it and bought the HOB UV I think 15 watt maybe the smaller one so I have the EQ already.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back