Fluval Evo 13.5 leak concern

jacolandoo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2023
Messages
23
Reaction score
2
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Fluval Evo for 2 months thus far and have had no issues whatsoever. I’m beginning to become attached to this tank and really enjoy it. However, I’ve read reviews online of some that have experienced leaking out of nowhere, even after months of owning it. How can this be avoided? Or is it just a risk all aquariums have?
 
It is a general risk for all aquariums. Even high-end custom aquariums i have seen BURST after being filled.
Have to remember the pressure the glass and silicon is always under due to the water wanting to push out (yay physics)

That said. I had an evo for years and moved it a couple times, so being filled emptied and filled again. 0 issues with it leaking and nor did i ever come across a mass of complaints that they leak.

Fun little tank. I loved mine. Sometimes wish i had kept it. Did several videos on it for my YT channel back in the day.

The best i can tell you, budget allowing, is get a controller with leak detection. That way it can shut everything off if a leak is detected and potentially save you from a major headache.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new