Fluval Evo 13.5 leak concern

jacolandoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my Fluval Evo for 2 months thus far and have had no issues whatsoever. I’m beginning to become attached to this tank and really enjoy it. However, I’ve read reviews online of some that have experienced leaking out of nowhere, even after months of owning it. How can this be avoided? Or is it just a risk all aquariums have?

Nanojoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a general risk for all aquariums. Even high-end custom aquariums i have seen BURST after being filled.
Have to remember the pressure the glass and silicon is always under due to the water wanting to push out (yay physics)

That said. I had an evo for years and moved it a couple times, so being filled emptied and filled again. 0 issues with it leaking and nor did i ever come across a mass of complaints that they leak.

Fun little tank. I loved mine. Sometimes wish i had kept it. Did several videos on it for my YT channel back in the day.

The best i can tell you, budget allowing, is get a controller with leak detection. That way it can shut everything off if a leak is detected and potentially save you from a major headache.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back