Fluval Evo 13.5 Micro Bubbles by Return Pump and Powerhead

Noremahk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I've recently got into the reefing hobby this week and set up my Fluval Evo 13.5 as my starting tank. I've come to realize that there are a fair amount of tiny air bubbles are around the tank with a majority of them being around the return pump and powerhead along by the protein skimmer.

My question is, is this a normal process? I've heard that it's natural for protein skimmers to produce a fair amount of bubbles while it is breaking in. And if this continues after the tank is done being cycled, what can I do to remove these air bubbles?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Maybe a picture will help us out to get down to it.

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I've recently got into the reefing hobby this week and set up my Fluval Evo 13.5 as my starting tank. I've come to realize that there are a fair amount of tiny air bubbles are around the tank with a majority of them being around the return pump and powerhead along by the protein skimmer.

My question is, is this a normal process? I've heard that it's natural for protein skimmers to produce a fair amount of bubbles while it is breaking in. And if this continues after the tank is done being cycled, what can I do to remove these air bubbles?
This is very normal for new protein skimmers, especially the P2. I ultimately decided to get rid of mine as it is noisy and the microbubbles never really went away. IMO, remove the skimmer, add a simple refugium, and replace the empty chamber with filter floss. Weekly or biweekly water changes if you remove the skimmer, I have found it to be well worth it.

Back