Fluval evo 13.5 micro bubbles issue

Fischerwrenn31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im using in tank chambers 1 and 2, upgraded return pump to sicce 1.0. Im having large bursts of microbubbles every 10 seconds and it makes the tank look bad. Using in tank filter floss, chemi pure blue and purigen in chamber 1. 2nd chamber is a red gracilaria algae refugium. Anyone know what im doing wrong? I Really want this fixed.

5BC9B49F-53B3-45EE-8A77-46A38E106B93.jpeg CA06D8E4-287B-429C-8E8E-2D7476A11A44.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! Air appears to be getting in the line at some point. You may want to try disassembling and reassembling the piping from the return pump to the discharge and make sure that all connections are made well. Good luck!

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Fischerwrenn31

Fischerwrenn31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! Air appears to be getting in the line at some point. You may want to try disassembling and reassembling the piping from the return pump to the discharge and make sure that all connections are made well. Good luck!
I super glued the rubber return hose and glued the threads on the return nozzle, hopefully its fixed.

Upvote 0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! I’m sure that’s frustrating. Usually the bubbles come from one of three places: bubbles coming into the return pump, bubbles from air being drawn into the return line, or bubbles because the return nozzle is not fully below the water surface. Can you check all three of these and see what you think is most likely?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fischerwrenn31

Fischerwrenn31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I’m sure that’s frustrating. Usually the bubbles come from one of three places: bubbles coming into the return pump, bubbles from air being drawn into the return line, or bubbles because the return nozzle is not fully below the water surface. Can you check all three of these and see what you think is most likely?
I dont see any bubbles in return pump chamber, return pump is about 7 inches in the water. no holes in lines and i glued lines to the nozzle. Nozzle is below surface about an inch.

Upvote 0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If there are no air bubbles in the chamber and the nozzle is well below the surface then I would go back to an inspection of the tubing - even the smallest pinhole could be drawing air into the line. Thoroughly check any connection in the return tube where the tube is above the water line. This may even mean pulling the pump, return line, and nozzle out of the tank (if possible) and reconstruct it in another container (e.g. 5 gallon bucket may work) with the water line at the same level on the tubing and also with the tubing completely submerged. Unless some amount of air was trapped during the initial installation and hasn't worked its way out yet, the air has to be coming from somewhere.

#reefsquad

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fischerwrenn31

Fischerwrenn31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there are no air bubbles in the chamber and the nozzle is well below the surface then I would go back to an inspection of the tubing - even the smallest pinhole could be drawing air into the line. Thoroughly check any connection in the return tube where the tube is above the water line. This may even mean pulling the pump, return line, and nozzle out of the tank (if possible) and reconstruct it in another container (e.g. 5 gallon bucket may work) with the water line at the same level on the tubing and also with the tubing completely submerged. Unless some amount of air was trapped during the initial installation and hasn't worked its way out yet, the air has to be coming from somewhere.

#reefsquad
Gonna buy a new hose for my return pump in the morning, hopefully that fixes it because thats the only thing i can think of at this point.

Upvote 0

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this, if I add a little extra water to the last chamber it stops, I think air is getting in from the elbow that connects the nozzle, you said you have glued it, but did you glue both ends? (assuming you have a similar elbow connection as mine)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fischerwrenn31

Fischerwrenn31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this, if I add a little extra water to the last chamber it stops, I think air is getting in from the elbow that connects the nozzle, you said you have glued it, but did you glue both ends? (assuming you have a similar elbow connection as mine)
Yes i did. Seemed the glue just took some time to seal, woke up this morning and the tank is crystal clear no debris or microbubbles. Hopefully it stays that way

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back