Fluval Evo 13.5 Upgrades List

FluvalSeaMaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all!

Can we start a master list of Fluval EVO upgrades? I've picked up a few pieces and need help, before I start working on my Fluval.

So far:
Intank Chamber basket
3D Reefer Chamber basket
Hydor Koralia Nano circ Pump
SIcce 1.0 pump
VCA rfg
FijiCube medium HOB refugium
I picked up the Hanna bulk testing kit as well.

What else do you folks recommend? These are tricky...I want to do it right and keep my tank mate safe, but it's easy to over do it and defeat the purpose. I'm planning on Caribsea Life Rock/live rock fish only setup.

Thanks all, be safe and happy reefing!

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run AI prime 16hd for lighting. Chamber 1 houses my mechanical filtration and my uv sterilizer. Chamber 2 dubs as my refugium with an innovative marine 9w chaetomax light, and chamber 3 has the stock return pump and my heater, some chemi-pure blue and purigen. In tank, I have an Aqamai KPS powerhead for flow and just recently added a kamoer X1 pro to dose all for reef. I use a duetto dual sensor ATO for my auto top-off. It’s simple but it’s been pretty successful except for a couple of learning curves here n there. This month marks my one year anniversary since start-up.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great deal of equipment for a fish-only tank. What exactly are you going to keep in it?

My Evos are mixed reef tanks with just the stock lighting. Primes are very nice, but I'm not sure why you'd need one just to illuminate the fish. Personally, I'd focus just on the Sicce, chamber basket -- and a nice protein skimmer if you're setting up a nano predator tank or anticipate a heavy biolad.

Pico Perfect

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Evo 13.5. no upgrades! Keeping it simple and everyone is happy.
IMG_20210901_215021216_HDR.jpg

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started an EVO myself.

I'm taking the opposite approach though lol.

Stock light, no skimmer (it came with one; bought used), no media, no fuge, stock pump, might run a small UV for clarity.

Going to keep some macro algae and softies in there with a couple of clowns and shrimp.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nicrew single timer pro (available on Amazon).

Plugs in to stock light and makes it (semi) dimmable. No need for a plug-in timer, or to press the button to switch from white to blue. The best $12.99 I’ve spent for my Evo.

Bayfront_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Evo 13.5. no upgrades! Keeping it simple and everyone is happy.
IMG_20210901_215021216_HDR.jpg
1635906887554.jpeg

Same here, I keep everything stock, been running for three years now. I added the fluval protein skimmer because i feed heavy. Other than that I run the lights on a mechanical timer, Ive used other tanks and other lights (kessils, AI prime, Chinese box, Etc) and I feel that the stock lights on the evo are awesome, more than enough to keep softies and LPS, never had any high demand SPS though.

Kan123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those all look like awesome tanks! I upgraded my system heavily but have no regrets on any of the changes I made. 2 I highly highly highly recommend is an ATO and temperature controller (i have the inkbird)
IMG-7883.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back