Fluval reef led light lps corals

MarineCorp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Setting up my lighting ready for lps corals. Can anyone give me advice on my schedule and light settings. This is what I have done with the research I have read. Any opinions?
0ca4b7032e42e07769c580e3ef6a9c3d.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What model light is this and what are the dimensions of your tank?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 watts is a little on the low side for reef lighting, but on a tank that size you should be able to get good results with most LPS corals. Try your current program out for a week or so and keep an eye on your corals. If they start to brown or dull in color, they may have too little light and you'll need to increase the intensity on the other channels of the light.

Schedule-wise your okay, spectrum and par are going to be your problem areas if you have any issues.

OP
OP
MarineCorp

MarineCorp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 watts is a little on the low side for reef lighting, but on a tank that size you should be able to get good results with most LPS corals. Try your current program out for a week or so and keep an eye on your corals. If they start to brown or dull in color, they may have too little light and you'll need to increase the intensity on the other channels of the light.

Schedule-wise your okay, spectrum and par are going to be your problem areas if you have any issues.

Awesome thank you for the information. I will reevaluate after a week

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife is trying to talk me into LEDs for lower power consumption, saw the Fluval bar at our LFS, what did you think?

wowatracy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on how your lighting settings and schedule worked out? I have the 59w version on my 55g and plan on adding some softies soon and eventually LPS

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back