Fluval Spec III Lighting Options

kwjones

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
75
Reaction score
150
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just drained and cleaned the Spec III last night that has been a Betta tank for the past few years. I'm planning on setting it up as a pico reef, rock anenomes and zoas for now, but maybe a mixed reef next year. With that in mind, I'm thinking about upgrading the light sooner rather than later. I looked at the HD Prime, but it seems to have some quality/customer service issues. The Fluval Sea Marine Nano light is cheapish, but not sure how well it would work in the long run. I like the Kessel, but really don't want to have to buy a separate controller for it. Radions seem like overkill and are $$$. What other options are out there for pico tanks?

Thanks,

Kevin
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new