FLuval Spec Zoa Garden

JoshuAc00k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to bring a tank to college and figured I should do a zoa garden because they are simple, easy, and are my favorite coral. I will be starting it after we return to school from Christmas break. I have most of the equipment, just a few more things to buy.

Equipment:
Fluval Spec II
IM Skkye 8 watt 14K led
ViaAqua Quartz Heater
Small cheap no-name pump for added circulation
JBJ Auto Top Off (ATO)

Planned Stock List:
Magicians
Blue Macaws
Golden Teachers
Sunny D's
Pink Zippers (my favorites)

Modifications:

It will have a refugium in the back compartment that will be powered by the stock light hanging on the back. I have done this before and it worked well. There is a media rack in the back to protect the chaeto from getting crushed. The filter will be sponge, floss, carbon, refugium.

I blocked the small opening to the filter on the bottom to create a overflow into the filter. I then raised the water level by covering some of the overflow.

To add flow to the tank, I took a small extra pump I had laying around and glued it to a spare mounting bracket from the JBJ ATO

I made my rockscape already also. I have done a lot of versions and I think I' sticking with this one.

My plan is to get everything figured out so that after New Year's Day, it's like a plug and play pico.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back