Found little Red and Blue larvae looking critters

PSCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Location
North America
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these in my tank while looking at it with a flash light , very small so it was hard to get a picture but if anyone would be able to tell me what they are or what they could be I’d appreciate it. I added what video and pictures I could take after catching two in sample cup
IMG_4125.jpeg


IMG_4118.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4126.mov
    89.4 MB
they appear to be some kind of burrowing worm but then they move kinda like they are swimming so not a bristle worm or fire worm. They may be the swimmimg mate of a epitoke worm. If so they are harmless. Its hard to see from the videos but i would say they look harmless but best to get a second opinion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new