FOWLR to Reef

Melodydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just designed and help build a house; and yet I am at a loss on setting up a new Waterbox 100.3 reef tank!!! There is a vast difference in tanks and equipment since my last tank purchase over 20 years ago. I am in electrical CORD shock...3 cords and a brick for any one piece of equipment AND almost every piece of equipment comes with a controller of some sort. Then add very poor assembly directions (Waterbox) the lack of any printed directions (Apex) - or directions sent in RUSSIAN and GERMAN with a warranty card in English (Tunze osmolator) - or, directions in English but the directions don't match the parts or model # I ordered (HMS arm) and I don't even want to go into the lights Waterbox highly suggested I order. Also, what is up with the trend that you can EMAIL for customer support (wait 24 to 48 hours for a reply), but there is no PHONE number to actually talk to anyone???? Soooo, Utube has become my "go to" for assembly help.

Now, I humbly ask for any suggestions and/or help to connect everything together. I bow to each and everyone one of you that have figured all this out and have such beautiful and successful tanks!!!

I will be bringing over my beloved fish: lemon peel angel, bangghai cardinal, 2 clownfish, and 1 blue green chromis as well as my live rock. I have decided to try a bare bottom tank with the following equipment:
Waterbox 100.3g tank with their sump
(2) AI Hydra 32 Led lights with HMS arms
Primeco ABS to protect the bottom of the tank
Apex aquacontroller
Reef Octopus Varios-4 return pump
Reef Octopus Regal 150SSS 6" skimmer
(2) Vortech MP-40 QD pumps
Aquarium controller board from Adaptive Reef
LED refractometer with calibration solution
BRS 300W titanium heater with Inkbird controller
Hanna checkers with calibration solutions: ultra low phosphate and alkalinity
Salifert nitrate test kit
150g/day RODI (old RODI did not survive the move)
and a Euphyllin It? T-shirt, well, just because.

This is my progess to date.

20210226_191239.jpg

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cable management is a beast! I tried to think it all through before the water went in, but even with all the prep work I did, I still missed a few things. Best advice I can give is put the power bricks in a single location and get some cable trays to route the excess wire to the power distribution. It's been a big challenge for me, but so far so good!

OP
OP
Melodydavis

Melodydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cable management is a beast! I tried to think it all through before the water went in, but even with all the prep work I did, I still missed a few things. Best advice I can give is put the power bricks in a single location and get some cable trays to route the excess wire to the power distribution. It's been a big challenge for me, but so far so good!
I just happen to be going to Lowe's today, lol! I will look for some cable trays. Thank you for your advice!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back