Fox Face

Mrsadat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently stressed out and looking for any advice. I just glued a frag to to a frag plug which I thought was completely cured and my greedy fox face decided to take a nibble at it. Long story short his mouth is glued shut with a clump of glue on his mouth. Any ideas please it will help. I’m thinking tonight when the fish go to sleep I will try to catch him and carefully peal the glue off if possible. I’m stuck please any advice will help.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry this happened. I've honestly never heard of it happening before. You have to be careful as foxface are venomous. Let's see if anyone from #reefsquad @ReefSquad has some suggestions

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had tangs glue their mouth shut in the past. The glue should begin to work itself off naturally before it becomes an issue to fishs health. I would just observe and see how it progresses over the next 2 days

Tompickles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same thing happen a few months ago to my foxface and a tang the glue fell out of the foxfaces mouth after about three days but the tang I had to catch and pull the glue out with tweezers

OP
OP
Mrsadat

Mrsadat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry this happened. I've honestly never heard of it happening before. You have to be careful as foxface are venomous. Let's see if anyone from #reefsquad @ReefSquad has some suggestions
That’s exactly why I’m scared and don’t want to handle him because of the venom in his fin. I guess I will just wait it out.

OP
OP
Mrsadat

Mrsadat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same thing happen a few months ago to my foxface and a tang the glue fell out of the foxfaces mouth after about three days but the tang I had to catch and pull the glue out with tweezers
I sure hope so thanks for the info

OP
OP
Mrsadat

Mrsadat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently stressed out and looking for any advice. I just glued a frag to to a frag plug which I thought was completely cured and my greedy fox face decided to take a nibble at it. Long story short his mouth is glued shut with a clump of glue on his mouth. Any ideas please it will help. I’m thinking tonight when the fish go to sleep I will try to catch him and carefully peal the glue off if possible. I’m stuck please any advice will help.
Just an update on my Fox Face this morning I was able to catch him in a net. The plan was to put him in a TankliMate and watch him, but my buddy was so furious at trying to get that the glue came off. He’s eating now and happy again. Thanks for all the help and support from all my R2R Family that gave me advice and I have learned another lesson in this ever changing hobby. I WILL ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE GLUE IS FULLY CURED FIRST!!!!! Have a great day #R2Rfamily

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back