Foxface from blue zoo.

Brassmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a order from blue zoo and was going to get the free yellow tang with a order but they didn't have any. They wound up sending a foxface and that was ok but when it came it was paper thin. I'm trying to nurse it back to health but I'm doubtful it will make it. He is eating all day but just looking horrible. I just don't understand why they would send a fish in that condition.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get you to buy their stuff and clean out inventory that other won't buy? At least that's the realist in me. Rejoice if the fish is eating; its not the end for the fish. He'll come around or he won't.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes moving upward in salinity to quickly can do that via dehydration.

Just a thought.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and get some algae and mysis/brine in him. What species of foxface is it? Also some online vendors don’t feed their fish for a couple days before they’re being sent out but to me that sounds like it hasn’t been fed for weeks…

OP
OP
Brassmonkey

Brassmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and get some algae and mysis/brine in him. What species of foxface is it? Also some online vendors don’t feed their fish for a couple days before they’re being sent out but to me that sounds like it hasn’t been fed for weeks…
He is a lo. I believe.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is a lo. I believe.
Have you got any photos? For now it’s definitely a case of getting him fat but without any ideas of how bad the condition he is in other then the paper thin body we can’t really get any other ideas of what should be done aswell. I’d assume if he’s not been fed in a while he won’t have the Vitamins he needs so he could have some HLLE and if he does, try get some Vitamin D in him.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is eating then there is a decent chance he can come around. They don’t give free yellow tangs anymore (they used to be cheap fish, hence free) and wish they would fix their website.

OP
OP
Brassmonkey

Brassmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got any photos? For now it’s definitely a case of getting him fat but without any ideas of how bad the condition he is in other then the paper thin body we can’t really get any other ideas of what should be done aswell. I’d assume if he’s not been fed in a while he won’t have the Vitamins he needs so he could have some HLLE and if he does, try get some Vitamin D in him.
20220121_105309.jpg

20220121_155721.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He doesn’t seem to have HLLE or anything else wrong with him, I definitely see how thin he is. Definitely still keep trying to get Vitamin D into him just in case, definitely get some vitamin filled nori into him with some mysis/brine. If he isn’t eating then try garlic scented Mysis or Brine.

OP
OP
Brassmonkey

Brassmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He doesn’t seem to have HLLE or anything else wrong with him, I definitely see how thin he is. Definitely still keep trying to get Vitamin D into him just in case, definitely get some vitamin filled nori into him with some mysis/brine. If he isn’t eating then try garlic scented Mysis or Brine.
I put nori on a clip and he has been munching on garlic flakes.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no. I don't have the means at the moment.
I find QT adds onto more stress for fish so IMO it was better that you put him into the DT instantly, it will also give him more of a chance. If you want to try a more natural diet then grab some Chaeto or macro. These fish will naturally feed on GHA, Macros, sometimes Cyano, Diatoms, Dinos ect…

OP
OP
Brassmonkey

Brassmonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find QT adds onto more stress for fish so IMO it was better that you put him into the DT instantly, it will also give him more of a chance. If you want to try a more natural diet then grab some Chaeto or macro. These fish will naturally feed on GHA, Macros, sometimes Cyano, Diatoms, Dinos ect…
I feel the same way. Thank you for the advice.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing he's eatin. Glad. He should turn around. You can feed roe from the fridge bottle too. Just a drop between your feedings. It will make him a little fatter. Lol.
D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back