Foxface not eating much

sheel be right

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone had the ability to quarantine. All it takes is a 10g tank and a HOB filter. Your other option is to buy qt fish. Sounds like you are going to learn the hard way like 99% of us do.
i dont know how the fish in other parts of the world are but all fish in Australia that are imported have to have a mandatory qt from what i remember with either the supplier of store.
I wish I could qt, it just isn’t possible right now. I can try to do a hydrogen peroxide dip. (If that’s what h2o2 is).

(edit) wrote this reply before the other message loaded.
I can maybe have a 5-10 gallon to have as a qt/observation. I do try to do my best with keeping healthy fish but I know a qt is the best way. Eventually I’ll be able to have one.
if the fish is eating nori and grazing algae and there is no signs of flukes or parasites there is no need for extra measures. just feed the tank and see how he goes for another week or so.

OP
OP
q8cyu

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know how the fish in other parts of the world are but all fish in Australia that are imported have to have a mandatory qt from what i remember with either the supplier of store.

if the fish is eating nori and grazing algae and there is no signs of flukes or parasites there is no need for extra measures. just feed the tank and see how he goes for another week or so.
I’ll post an update if anything happens, good or bad.
Do you know if they can survive off mostly nori sheets/algae. From what I know rabbit fish in general are mostly herbivorous.

sheel be right

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll post an update if anything happens, good or bad.
Do you know if they can survive off mostly nori sheets/algae. From what I know rabbit fish in general are mostly herbivorous.
i dont even feed nori to my system a and only fed it a handful of times, my foxface just grazes all day and that about it.

OP
OP
q8cyu

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for their input, I’m so sorry I forgot to put this in my last post,

I’ll post an update in a week or two if he’s doing better or worse.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back