Foxface tail reddish after QT

mahig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m brand new to the hobby starting this past Nov. I’ve recently been battling a velvet outbreak in my tank after doing everything I could to prevent it, buying QT fish or observing for 30 days myself. Anyway, some of the fish appear to be doing great except the foxface tail is a little reddish and was wondering if it’s fine or if I should do something. I believe his fin got nipped for the gem in QT. This is a separate observation tank they are in now. Appreciate any help and advice. Observation tank.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m brand new to the hobby starting this past Nov. I’ve recently been battling a velvet outbreak in my tank after doing everything I could to prevent it, buying QT fish or observing for 30 days myself. Anyway, some of the fish appear to be doing great except the foxface tail is a little reddish and was wondering if it’s fine or if I should do something. I believe his fin got nipped for the gem in QT. This is a separate observation tank they are in now. Appreciate any help and advice. Observation tank.
I see some slight redness at the base of its tail, is that what you mean?
What treatments has this fish gone through?
Jay

OP
OP
M

mahig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see some slight redness at the base of its tail, is that what you mean?
What treatments has this fish gone through?
Jay
Yeah, at the base of the tail it’s a little red. Went though copper with nitrofurazone and then I did one round of kanaplex when they entered the observation tank.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and all fish got a 30 min h2o2 bath before going into copper treatment.

What were the doses of the copper and the h2O2?

Is there any other behavior/symptoms that lead you to think that this is more than just a minor issue? This isn't a symptom of any of the main diseases, and if it is localized, with no other symptoms, it probably isn't something that medication can fix - could be a bruise for example.

Jay

OP
OP
M

mahig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were the doses of the copper and the h2O2?

Is there any other behavior/symptoms that lead you to think that this is more than just a minor issue? This isn't a symptom of any of the main diseases, and if it is localized, with no other symptoms, it probably isn't something that medication can fix - could be a bruise for example.

Jay
5ml/ liter for the bath and copper was maintained 2.35-2.57. Only tested once above 2.5 and that was the 2.57. All others were 2.35-2.48
Fish seems fine. He’s the most skittish I’d say but once he relaxes he seems to swim around normal and they’ve all been eating great. LRS, nori, seaweed pellets.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5ml/ liter for the bath and copper was maintained 2.35-2.57. Only tested once above 2.5 and that was the 2.57. All others were 2.35-2.48
Fish seems fine. He’s the most skittish I’d say but once he relaxes he seems to swim around normal and they’ve all been eating great. LRS, nori, seaweed pellets.
I would just watch it for now to ensure other symptoms don’t develop.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%

Back