Frag plugs, keep or remove them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Do you remove frag plugs when adding frags to your DT?

  • Yes I remove them

    Votes: 11 28.9%
  • No I leave them on

    Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Depends on the frag and how it is on the plug

    Votes: 22 57.9%
  • I don't have frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    38

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
637
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of people just glue the frag plugs to the sub strait when they add new frags so I though I would do a poll on everyone's thoughts of this.

My question is do you remove the frag plug or not and why do you do it your way? Please explain.

I made this a multiple choice poll so please if you do it more than one way choose the appropriate answers.
 
Last edited:
For me I try to remove all of them if I can, but some times there are some frags that ether just won't come off or I think they will do better on the plug so I leave them there.

My opinion is that the frag plugs release phosphates so I want to get as many of them out of the DT as possible, plus they don't look natural to me.
 
I remove EVERY single time. I HATE frag plugs in my display. Since this tank has been up and going, I have a small bucket full of them since I've bought most of my corals at frag swaps.
 
I keep them on the plug til I find where they like to be in the DT and the razor them off and glue them to the spot they liked.
 
Depends on the frag... I would usually opt for gluing it to a piece of rubble and then gluing that to a piece of 3/16in. acrylic rod. Much easier to place.
 
My post above was referring to softies... now that I'm getting into SPS it will change :P
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new