• Right on Rock

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Flux Capacitor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is to dip all new corals using Bayer, and then glue them to new plugs to keep the pest at bay the best I can. I had the original idea that plugs on a frag rack is a good way to acclimate the corals to my tank.

I started thinking last night that maybe it’s best to skip the plugs, and to mount them in their final spots on my rocks. Not sure which way I should go, so I figured I’d see what everyone else does.

I set up a poll to see the general consensus. Thanks guys!

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If pest control is the intention, put them on a new plug. While on the frag rack you can easily observe your frags for pests or signs of stress. If there are any pests that the original dip missed, you can easily remove the plug and do a follow-up dip. Inversely, if you mount it to your existing rock work and pests are observed, additional dips/pest removal can be a little more tricky.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also consider the changes from prior to current home. If either were under LED, then I would go slow and use the frag rack to acclimate them. If both are fluorescent or MH, then you can probably just dip and mount them but you will have no further pest control.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back