frag tank plumbed into main sump

wsoldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Working with a running RSR 350 V3 (73G+sump) and I'm trying to add a 20G long aqueon for a frag tank to the system. I was planning a 3/4" return line and 2 x 1" drain lines. The issue is that cabinet for the RSR350 has a pretty tight cutout which is blocked by the existing plumbing lines. I can fit 3/4" lines in between the display lines, but 1" may not be possible and certainly not two of them.

I also was planning on running a T connector from my existing COR15 return pump, so that cabinet cutout is already getting tight.

If I run a single larger drain pipe and smaller 3/4" lines from that for the drains, I lose the ability to determine if my emergency drain is being used. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1660084579704.png

Rough sketch of what I'm attempting:
1660084527995.png

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Others may disagree, but I would drill the back of the stand to create a pass through. This is what I have done on my 750XXL.

OP
OP
wsoldier

wsoldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks @Montiman. Yeah I was hoping to avoid that, but it crossed my mind as well. I'm also not sure where it'd be safe to drill. Did you create the passthrough with the tank full or before, and where was the location?

I also considered 1/2" return line and 2 x 3/4" drains, but not sure how restrictive that is for flow in a tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back