Frag tank

trippinoutreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
Newnan Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone. I have a new frag system I have started with no substrate. Just 4 BioPlates from Brightwell.

I am now going through ugly phase. What can I do to help get past this and get clean water to add corals?
 
Good afternoon everyone. I have a new frag system I have started with no substrate. Just 4 BioPlates from Brightwell.

I am now going through ugly phase. What can I do to help get past this and get clean water to add corals?
The most reliable way to expedite the ugly phase is to add bio media from a mature, reliable established system. You can also add some light cleanup crew, perhaps trochus snails or astrea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new