Frag Tanks *LETS SEE THEM*

Zero1091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys ill moving soon. It has resulted in me having to take down my tank but have plans on setting up a new frag tank soon.
Been looking online to see what a great setup looks like but cant really find anything.
Im looking to build something really nice, good equipment, fancy corals, nice stand, the works.
Im having trouble picturing it all together and am wondering if I should do an all in one or a frag tank with a sump.
Maybe if you guys shared pics of your setups it would spark some ideas?

OP
OP
Zero1091

Zero1091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has a system them want to share please chime in.
Im trying to do this right the first time and using your guys experience to get something good going.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man thats pretty solid. I noticed a lot of people build their own stands. What kind of lights are you running?
24" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture - 4x ATI Blue+, Kessil AP700. The Kessil was salvaged from another tank, was a Chinese black-box previously, that's now in my sump lighting the zoas. The tank is built in a closet, and it's short as there is a 25 gallon Norwesco tank in that empty spot holding my RO usually. Space constraints and not thinking things out in the first place have seen a few revisions take place with the whole setup.

expanded_sump
by Kyl Aquaria, on Flickr

Hows maintenance?
Had a well established tank and it took a majority of my week to keep it up and running.
Very easy actually. A bit over a gallon per day automatic water change, 25ml of ESV B-Ionic 2 part dosed daily. dKH testing is automated, I manually check Ca / Mg on Saturday. Acropower / reef roids / phyto slurry once a week. Once and a while I'll put some Vitalis LPS pellets on the anemone and rock flowers.

OP
OP
Zero1091

Zero1091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture - 4x ATI Blue+, Kessil AP700. The Kessil was salvaged from another tank, was a Chinese black-box previously, that's now in my sump lighting the zoas. The tank is built in a closet, and it's short as there is a 25 gallon Norwesco tank in that empty spot holding my RO usually. Space constraints and not thinking things out in the first place have seen a few revisions take place with the whole setup.

expanded_sump
by Kyl Aquaria, on Flickr

Very easy actually. A bit over a gallon per day automatic water change, 25ml of ESV B-Ionic 2 part dosed daily. dKH testing is automated, I manually check Ca / Mg on Saturday. Acropower / reef roids / phyto slurry once a week. Once and a while I'll put some Vitalis LPS pellets on the anemone and rock flowers.
Ive never messed with a t5 hybrid but hear great things for growth. I think I may push for that on my next build along with radions.
thanks for sharing man

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished building this frag tank. No water in the system yet but I am working on it.
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 7.13.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 7.13.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 7.13.54 PM.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back