Fragging leptoseris

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kschweer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
12,211
Reaction score
29,293
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have been wanting to frag my jack-o-lantern lepto for a while now but I do not have a frag saw so my only option is to use my bone cutters. Has anyone fragged this coral with bone cutters and if so how did it work out? Also for those who have fragged it before how does it seem to respond to fragging? Thanks in advance.
 
Bone cutters are fine. Mine usually heals pretty **** quick.
 
I've been wanting to do the same thing but I'm afraid I'll loose the piece. Lmk how it goes kschweer
 
Bone cutters and a blade handy to cut the flesh away instead of pulling it . Gonna stress it a bit but you should be fine.!


Or you can use a dremel. To cut quickly then break apart with the bone cutters to get cleaner cuts . Just be careful with your fingers while doing it .
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new