Freaky Fungia

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lay them right on the bare bottom. They're fine.

As for fragging, my success rate is very, very high. I still get nervous doing it. If you look at the 3 red ones (not the biggest one, the other 3), those are all Atlantis Hellraiser plates that I frag. Those 3 all came from the same mother (which I got as a tiny frag originally). They take a long, long time to grow back out though. Not "years to a lifetime" though. Small frags will circle back out in 6-12 months.

Last edited:

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They stay down there though? My concern would be them getting blown away

Depends on your flow setup, of course. I don't blast them, but they can get pretty decent flow and not move. At least once they get some size to them. The frags can be a real pain until they get some size. You can put sand in a tupperware for them or just move them to a lower flow frag tank. I don't run my bare bottom LPS tank like my barebottom SPS tank. I use gentle flow that directs the detritus to a couple easily siphoned areas in the LPS tank. In the SPS tank I just blast the bottom. I couldn't put them in there without some changes.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your flow setup, of course. I don't blast them, but they can get pretty decent flow and not move. At least once they get some size to them. The frags can be a real pain until they get some size. You can put sand in a tupperware for them or just move them to a lower flow frag tank. I don't run my bare bottom LPS tank like my barebottom SPS tank. I use gentle flow that directs the detritus to a couple easily siphoned areas in the LPS tank. In the SPS tank I just blast the bottom. I couldn't put them in there without some changes.

alright thanks for the input. Might have to pick one up and see how it works out. There colors are defiantly amazing!

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic is nothing unusual. Just my fungia sitting there looking pretty under moonlighting. But then I was target feeding it (which I hardly ever do) and discovered what appears to be a second mouth?!
15592919428_a1313c42e1_b.jpg
15754637296_d202c3ecfd_b.jpg
15776659171_9ee8c59a10_b.jpg

Never seen a fungia with 2 mouths before (2nd one under the "m").

Anyone else ever seen this before?
Is that a short tentacle or a long tentacle?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back