Free - Blue Chromis

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be capturing 4 larger blue chromis this week and would offer them up to anyone that would like to add to an established tank. I have grown these from very small to 3-3.5". All four have been together over the last several years. They are ferocious eaters and are getting too big for some smaller fish I'm wanting to add. Would be great for a fish only tank or bigger reef tank. Prefer to keep them together but open to splitting them up. JP

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take them. I have one that is doing well in my tank. He is only 1.5" and has been in my tank for about 6 months. Got him as a package when I bought bigger fish. He was so small, and i thought he would get killed by the bigger fish, but he is very scrappy.

I am just scared the bigger chromis might kill him though. I love the little guy but he could go into the new tank, I guess. When is the deadline?

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you do have a tank in operation?
I will mark them gone to my good friend Van. I can trap them this week and maybe you can get them over the weekend? These have been really good to each other over the past several years, but I can't vouch for the little guy. If he's been there for a while he's probably good. JP

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. That would be good. The 300 gallon is up and running, but the 120 is still WIP.

I love my little chromi as he is so scrappy. He is not afraid of my big tangs that litterally 50x his weight.

I am wondering if I can catch him. How will you catch your chromis? I might put the little guy in the frag tank/sump until I can get the 120 running. IF I can catch him.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one my little chromi.

8555C504-7C2F-4C1C-A5AB-8DF24E9EEA5F.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back