Free coral anyone? (reposted in local thread)

alexNiosue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hello I'm just starting to collect coral for my first saltwater fish tank and I was wondering if anyone had extra coral that they would be willing to send out to me. I'm guessing a lot of people on here have been keeping reef tanks for years and have had time for there coral to grow out and fill up most of the space in there tank. From what I've learned it's pretty common to cut off a piece and frag it so that you can grow more in a different area in your tank. Also as coral grows you have to worry about the concern of them killing each other. So if anyone has a piece of coral in there tank that's getting a bit too large or too close to another coral maybe its time to consider cutting off a tiny piece and giving it to someone who is just starting out in the hobby. I'd be more than happy just getting one head from a decent looking coral, and after all it will probably grow back pretty fast especially if you know what you're doing (assuming most of you do). It's also important for me to note that I will be putting it in a fully cycled tank so it has a very low chance of dying. The tank is fully equipped with a cleanup crew, fish, and macro algae but besides my one anemone and hammer it looks pretty empty lol. Anyways if you any of you have any extra coral I'd be more than happy to accept it, and I'd be more than willing to compensate you for one day priority shipping to ensure its survival when it gets to me. Please reply to this thread or message me.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hello I'm just starting to collect coral for my first saltwater fish tank and I was wondering if anyone had extra coral that they would be willing to send out to me. I'm guessing a lot of people on here have been keeping reef tanks for years and have had time for there coral to grow out and fill up most of the space in there tank. From what I've learned it's pretty common to cut off a piece and frag it so that you can grow more in a different area in your tank. Also as coral grows you have to worry about the concern of them killing each other. So if anyone has a piece of coral in there tank that's getting a bit too large or too close to another coral maybe its time to consider cutting off a tiny piece and giving it to someone who is just starting out in the hobby. I'd be more than happy just getting one head from a decent looking coral, and after all it will probably grow back pretty fast especially if you know what you're doing (assuming most of you do). It's also important for me to note that I will be putting it in a fully cycled tank so it has a very low chance of dying. The tank is fully equipped with a cleanup crew, fish, and macro algae but besides my one anemone and hammer it looks pretty empty lol. Anyways if you any of you have any extra coral I'd be more than happy to accept it, and I'd be more than willing to compensate you for one day priority shipping to ensure its survival when it gets to me. Please reply to this thread or message me.
Where you located?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i can part with 2-3 corals. i’m in emmaus.

also, while you’re at it, take a look at the link in my signature to join the EPRA group

OP
OP
alexNiosue

alexNiosue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
i can part with 2-3 corals. i’m in emmaus.

also, while you’re at it, take a look at the link in my signature to join the EPRA group
Hey thanks so much for the response and I'd be more than happy to accept those corals! Feel free to message me further so we can coordinate a time and date for pickup. Thanks again for your generosity!

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Lancaster, so a bit farther away, but I have ricordeas, gorgonians, and mushrooms that I'd be willing to give away if you want.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'm in Lancaster, so a bit farther away, but I have ricordeas, gorgonians, and mushrooms that I'd be willing to give away if you want.
Wow I’d be interested in the gorgonians and shrooms but you are a drive super nice offer of you!

OP
OP
alexNiosue

alexNiosue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
If your willing to take the drive I’ll cut you some Xenia, Kenya droppings a fast growing Zoa
Hey yeah it looks like your only about an hour away so I could definitely drop by and pick them up. If you wound't mind messaging me so we can coordinate date and time that would be great! You can message me through the website or on my cell if thats more convenient 610-573-1612

OP
OP
alexNiosue

alexNiosue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
You bet I'd be willing to accept those lol. If you wound't mind messaging me so we can coordinate date and time for pickup that would be great! You can message me through the website or on my cell if thats more convenient 610-573-1612

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hey yeah it looks like your only about an hour away so I could definitely drop by and pick them up. If you wound't mind messaging me so we can coordinate date and time that would be great! You can message me through the website or on my cell if thats more convenient 610-573-1612
Before you do all this driving around what type of lighting do you have?

OP
OP
alexNiosue

alexNiosue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Before you do all this driving around what type of lighting do you have?
I just run the stock light on the fluval evo 13.5. Its rated for 1400k LED and has blue and white settings but I prefer keeping it on blue cause coral color shows a lot better and I have less algae growth. I also have attached a timer that you can dim the lights with. From what I've heard it can support almost all LPS and softies but some people struggle with SPS coral. Looking back at your post now and I definitely think it will be sufficient for xenia, kenya, or zoa coral. If your still willing to let those go then feel free to reach out to message me either on this forum or through my cell (610-573-1612) so we can coordinate time and date for me to pick those up. Thanks so much for the reply and if I end up getting those I will be in awe of your generosity!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back