• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Free soft coral pack local pickup

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So had a tank crash and it’s not looking like it will improve any time soon so may have to start over.
Freee soft corals to a good home
MAY do better in a new tank since mine is out of whack...
-Pink polyp yellow stereonephthya tiny frag.
-Some sort of pineapple or tree coral big frag
-Large corky gorgonian (loves flow)
-Can attempt to get some red mushrooms off the rock theyre so shriveled and angry
-Random yellow center rhodactis that hates life currently lol
-If anyone wants a yellow watchman goby hes a real character he is large and in charge and a deep beautiful yellow

Can take one or take them all I don’t care.
If you want to attempt to save some cool softies let me know. Local pickup only this stuff CANT take the stress of shipping.
Zip code 48362 will be home all day today. I’ll attach a pic of tank before crash.

A541AAB6-581F-4C01-9500-6908FAB4DAE5.jpeg 5D3DE0EE-1823-4CCC-9651-9BFB9460274E.png A3C41204-5D55-4441-AA96-EDBCCEF7D5CE.jpeg

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a beautiful set up there. What happened? What size tank do you have?

iMHO, I’d do a yuge wc and ride the crash out.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a beautiful set up there. What happened? What size tank do you have?

iMHO, I’d do a yuge wc and ride the crash out.
It’s 20 gallons and was without power for a whole day and I was at work and didn’t know. I’ve done multiple water changes and the tank is overrun with diatoms. Just at my wits end haha

Jots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 20 gallons and was without power for a whole day and I was at work and didn’t know. I’ve done multiple water changes and the tank is overrun with diatoms. Just at my wits end haha
I agree, starting all over is a pain IMO. I would definitely ride it out and keep up with several more waterchanges. I like to focus on the sump and make sure that the bottom is just as clean as the top display. I find that most people struggle with diatoms because there is no competing algae available. Do you have some type of algae running continuously in sump ? Make sure the sump is not a nutrient sink either is key. Wish you the best

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, starting all over is a pain IMO. I would definitely ride it out and keep up with several more waterchanges. I like to focus on the sump and make sure that the bottom is just as clean as the top display. I find that most people struggle with diatoms because there is no competing algae available. Do you have some type of algae running continuously in sump ? Make sure the sump is not a nutrient sink either is key. Wish you the best
No I do not have a sump it’s just a 20 gallon tank with little waste produced and was running perfectly and so beautiful for 2 years until I used some bad carbon and i think it started the diatom bloom and then the power outage made it all worse.

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree... If possible, I suggest you ride it out. Do you use RODI water for your water changes? Have you tested your water?

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree... If possible, I suggest you ride it out. Do you use RODI water for your water changes? Have you tested your water?
Yes I have an RODI unit tested all is clear have even run it through poly filter too just as an extra measure. Was baffled when the diatoms came out of nowhere the only change was the carbon haha

Back