• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Free Talbot's Damsels!

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note: I will not ship these fish. I am only willing to meet within ~30 minutes driving of Winston-Salem, NC. Fish are free, so I'd prefer to do closer to my home. Exchange will likely be on a weekend.

Before you decide to grab these fish here are some things that were not clear when I first bought my Talbot's Damsels:
1) From everything I've read these are the most peaceful damsels that you will find in the hobby.
2) ...That said, they're still damsels and still display aggression, ESPECIALLY to anything that is added to the tank after they are established and is smaller than it is (I learned this the hard way).
3) I read that these do great in groups... I started with 6, I'm down to 3. I'm sure that I would only have 1 had I not removed and surrendered the most aggressive to the LFS.

I am trying to re-home 3 Talbot's Damsels to two or three separate tanks. The two biggest manage to get along well enough although the each expect to have their own space (~30 gallons IME). The smallest (definitely a runt) CANNOT go to the same home as either of these - they consistently gang up on this one and chase it into holes even during feeding time. Out of concern for this fish, who I've rehabilitated twice now, I cannot in good faith send him with the other two.

The reason that I'm giving these away for free is because the last fish I surrendered at the LFS was an hour and a half trip on my end and the store didn't want to give me any store credit or anything. Thus, if I'm going to give fish away for free, I'd rather do it to someone who is going to care for them long term and enjoy them personally.

The fish are all in great health now (after the runt recovered... again). None of them have ever had any parasites or ailments, nor has any other fish in my tank. I am confident in stating that these fish are parasite free. However, I obviously encourage you to consider your own quarantine procedure. All of the fish are just over a year old - I got them when they were very small. They are all hiding behind rocks in the sump (separate areas), so I've not included a picture, however they look the same as any picture that you will find online. Color is good, I found that once I started adding Selcon to their food I saw slightly better color in a mater of two weeks.

Because they are in the sump I'd like to get these fish new homes ASAP.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or post on here. I'll try to be quick and mark the post as sold once all fish are spoken for.

Cheers,
Jon

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there want to breed Talbot's Damsel? I believe I know a guy how has a likely breeding pair of larger specimen's who cannot be kept with other fishes without some risk. Perfect for folks willing to breed.
Same guy has a solo runt for free, if you just want one?
See OP ^^^^ I'm charging the same price he's giving me.

Back