OP
OP
Zerodameaon

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to upgrade my Nero 3 to use Ocpondpoachers nem guard. His design works very well. Plus the ABS color fluoresces under blue lights and the orange glasses.

20211112_132344.jpg

OP
OP
Zerodameaon

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some days super glue just does not want to stick for me even after scrubbing rock. Not sure if the loctite brand stuff I use is just variable tube to tube or if I just suck at this.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end you setting up the fuge? That seemed to be what helped me move on from hair algae in my BioCube. Steps for me were using some grout brushes to scrub off the majority of the hair algae for a few weeks, twice weekly water changes for a month, setting up the fuge with chaeto & pods and feeding with OceanMagik. Haven’t seen a trace in months since doing that.

OP
OP
Zerodameaon

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end you setting up the fuge? That seemed to be what helped me move on from hair algae in my BioCube. Steps for me were using some grout brushes to scrub off the majority of the hair algae for a few weeks, twice weekly water changes for a month, setting up the fuge with chaeto & pods and feeding with OceanMagik. Haven’t seen a trace in months since doing that.
I had not yet ordered that, its been in my cart along with the fish saver for a few days. This is some great advice, I will order that fuge setup today to get this dealt with. What light did you end up going with?

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had not yet ordered that, its been in my cart along with the fish saver for a few days. This is some great advice, I will order that fuge setup today to get this dealt with. What light did you end up going with?
I didn’t actually use the InTake Fuge. I just chucked chaeto in the bottom of the middle section and have called it good. I’ve been using this light and it’s been fine. I’ve recently started a second tank and did get the InTank fuge and an official fuge light. We shall see if it performs better thank my more basic approach in the BioCube

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the fish saver. I didn’t and eventually lost a fish to the middle section where it was stuck on my filter floss. It’s there now

OP
OP
Zerodameaon

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the fish saver. I didn’t and eventually lost a fish to the middle section where it was stuck on my filter floss. It’s there now
I have one of the lights you linked for our little greenhouse, I didn't even think of it for a fuge.

I have started to add fish so its good to see that this fish saver is a good investment. That space is a deceptively large gap.

OP
OP
Zerodameaon

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the fish saver and the fuge insert in. Also got the fuge light in and mounted and now to find some clean chaeto, going to try to get some from AlgaeBarn on Friday.

OP
OP
Zerodameaon

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a year since a update. I recently got a new tank, upgrading to a Red Sea Reefer 200 G2. I am trying to aquascape it now and have been struggling with that, do I bring the big cave rock over or do it with all the new rock I got? I really like the minimalistic type rockscapes but I also like this cave. I also have one of those Reefsaver pedestals which was less them impressive, it was basically a inch thick and way flatter than expected. I think I may break some of the sides out of the cave to make it a bit more open then stick the pedestal on top of the cave and fill in some more arches.

One thing about the big cave is its hard to maintain stuff in and around there, but that may be because the Biocube is so small, it might be easier with the big tank. Aquascapes are hard lol.

Back