Friday Fun - Urchin Fashion Photos

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get enough of Urchins wearing hats and since there might be similar shenanigans going on in your tank I thought I'd share in the hopes you do too.

It’s been a battle keeping tiny zoa frags away from my Tuxedo Urchin. I’ll take them away and at night he goes collecting them. I bought him some shells and bits of rubble and even 3D printed hats - but he drops them all. He was wearing some macro algae for a while but I took it away for my clown because he was flipping out at lights looking for something to snug into and the algae helped.

Yesterday was a big battle with the urchin after I brought home 2 more teeny frags from the $4.99 frag tank at Aqua-Dome. I removed all Zoas and gently placed shells on him to wear. This morning you can see that he’d had it and went back to the algae bonnet. He scooped it ALL up and left nothing for my clown. He wore this for weeks before I took it away so I'm leaving him to it.

I must say he looks grand. Now I need to go to plan B for my sweet clown.
IMG_2585.JPEG
IMG_2647.JPEG

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two that plow into my zoa's and rip off a clump, been like this for a year.... zoas = tuxido urchin
pic taken at night
20230824_224553.jpg
What?!! He went a little overboard don’t you think. I guess I can be thankful mine are still tiny and he isn’t ripping anything up. You must have plenty of zoas. I’m pretty impressed. He did a great job of camouflaging himself

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one at my local LFS wearing a Jason mask as a hat

Attachments

• PXL_20240224_185551200.jpg
    PXL_20240224_185551200.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heavy blues but here is mine for the past 3 months at minimum.
IMG_1927.jpeg
Yours wins. I mean, this beautiful bonnet would be the star at the Kentucky Derby, Royal Ascot or any “fancy hat” occasion :star-struck: I’m gathering that what they really want is full coverage and the shells and 3d printed hats will do in a pinch but aren’t preferred. Smart little guys.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back