Status
Not open for further replies.

AN0N41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so, I have a 6 gallon cube and I want to keep a clown in it. Also maybe a shrimp or urchin… idk. Maybe not. Would the bio load be too much? I’m really scared about algae taking over. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
AN0N41

AN0N41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would not be good for the fish they need a 20 gallon minimum
Yeah but who decides that, really? They naturally live in a limitless ocean, I think we shouldn’t limit them to an arbitrary number of gallons. There’s plenty of room for the clown in a 6 gallon cube. Plus they don’t swim around all that much ime

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but who decides that, really? They naturally live in a limitless ocean, I think we shouldn’t limit them to an arbitrary number of gallons. There’s plenty of room for the clown in a 6 gallon cube. Plus they don’t swim around all that much ime
By this analogy we live on the earth. Should we live in just a bathroom? I agree 6 gallons is quite small for any clownfish. An urchin will starve to death quickly in that size tank.certain shrimp would be fine.

OP
OP
AN0N41

AN0N41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By this analogy we live on the earth. Should we live in just a bathroom? I agree 6 gallons is quite small for any clownfish. An urchin will starve to death quickly in that size tank.certain shrimp would be fine.
Fish aren’t like humans though. Do they really get bored? I highly doubt it. All they need are the right parameters and food. They don’t need extra room to stretch their legs. I seriously don’t get the need for 20 gallons. There’s more than enough room in this tank. They’re fish for Christ’s sake.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a chance, most clowns will reach 4-5" in size, get a clown goby...

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish aren’t like humans though. Do they really get bored? I highly doubt it. All they need are the right parameters and food. They don’t need extra room to stretch their legs. I seriously don’t get the need for 20 gallons. There’s more than enough room in this tank. They’re fish for Christ’s sake.
you sir are in wrong hobby !!
have a good day

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, you could do a really gorgeous rock flower tank with porcelain crabs. They come in beautiful colors too.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a chance, most clowns will reach 4-5" in size, get a clown goby...

I must way under feed. Only Clowns I have that get that big are Maroons.

6gallons for something like a single Ocellaris is not totally awful but it’s not great in my opinion. As said above, I give an urchin zero chance in 6g.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I must way under feed. Only Clowns I have that get that big are Maroons.

6gallons for something like a single Ocellaris is not totally awful but it’s not great in my opinion. As said above, I give an urchin zero chance in 6g.
disagree,10 yr old occys /percs have seen 5-6" 3/4" thick 2 and a half inches tall . fishguy out... :face-with-rolling-eyes:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I said, I must under feed. My females have never got over maybe 3.5” being generous.
understandable, assuming you have never kept a clown over 5 yrs or were not feeding correctly,
sorry not debating done here.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like big chunky clowns, but I think the OP's pico is an awesome way to showcase the smaller stuff that gets overlooked in a big tank.

Last edited:

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E
Why even bother asking in the first place . You ask for advice then argue the toss about it . Just get one if it makes you happy .

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just because it will make you happy is not a reason to make a fish suffer

lmfbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
disagree,10 yr old occys /percs have seen 5-6" 3/4" thick 2 and a half inches tall . fishguy out... :face-with-rolling-eyes:
My old breeding pair were about 14cm for the female and maybe 10ish for the male. They do get big and fat, I completely agree.

Fish - like all animals - deserve to live in a humane environment where they can get adequate enrichment and get to exhibit natural behaviours. If you don't care about their wellbeing, perhaps a picture of a clownfish is more your speed? One of those plastic wind up guys, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back