Friend or Foe - snail ID

choss

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
811
Reaction score
796
Location
Scarsdale New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this small orange snail in my tank this morning. He would have originated from some live rock that was acquired through gulf reef live rock. Thanks as always for your help!


 
It looks like some kind of turban snail.
 
If the little guy resurfaces in the mantis tank I will grab him for a flip over to make a final ID. I will post if the opportunity presents itself. Of course he may become Mantis bait although my Mantis has never touched the other snails in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new