Fritz RPM Salt Blue Box and Blue Bucket - Low Parameters

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember you from yesterday talking about dosing. Just wanted to say that I’ve been reading quite a few reports about issues with Fritz lately. Also, I think you could reduce and most likely eliminate the need for dosing if you switched salts.

I did read about the salt mixing thing before I started mixing salt, so I usually roll the bucket around or shake the bag of salt up before I open it to make sure the mix is even. Not sure how much of a difference that makes.
Know why you see people reporting issues with something? Because only people with issues with something say anything. People won't jump on R2R just to write: My Fritz salt is perfect! Only people who have an issue with something post. So, if you see 6 people say they have an issue, suddenly people think that there IS an issue. But in reality there are 200,000 people who are just fine...compared to those 6.
Just my 2 cents on how this all works.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only mix RPM for a couple hours and get it to temp. If I let it sit mixing overnight alk drops to about 6.6. As an experiment, mix some and test it same day a few hours later, and then again the next day.

OP
OP
bozo

bozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just mixed another batch and the levels remained the same

has anyone brought their bucket of salt to Home Depot for them to shake?

I might try that today

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I transfer it to a five gallon bucket with a lid and roll it, then I stir it really well with a kitty litter scoop. I've only gotten one dud box of salt of blue box that had low parameters several years ago. It may just be that you got a dud box if mixing it super well is still giving you low alk/cal

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea if this actually matters but are you heating while mixing?
Only ask because Fritz recommends mixing at 70-75d F.

FWIW, I mix overnight unheated and only heat a couple of hours before water change -- really only heat because I trust the accuracy of my salinity measurement device(s) most at close to 77d.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Fritz blue as well and swiched over from IO reef crystals! I love how fasthe water clears compared to IO but it does leave a heavy residue in my container. I havt even had to dose since using Fritz! I admit I dont usually check parameter (maybe I should) I change water every 2 weeks and check alk then and its always around 9.5. I cant imagine it mixing higher the that because it states it mixes at 8.5! My calcium is at 500 and mag is normal range. Dont know why my calcium is so high! I buy it by the bags and never mix it up in the bag but I i will after reading this!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if anyone experiencing a bad batch could call fritz and see if they would send out a good batch! They should stand behind their product

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back