frogspawn/hammer coral touching?

John's Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i was wondering if my frogspawn will sting my new hammer coral? I put them next to each other for diversity.
 
I had a frogspawn destroy a beautiful wall hammer. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
 
I've kept hammers, torches, and anchors all in the same area and they often touched with no I'll effects. I've heard stories like the one above too, but never experienced it myself. They all belong to the same genus, Euphyllia, and seem less inclined to sting others of their own kind, but when they do sting they pack quite a punch.
 
well there both the branching type so, I think im going to wait to see if they sting each other when they get a little bigger.

Thanks for the help.
 
I currently have a very large branching Hammer colony and a large Frogspawn immediately adjacent to one another, intertwined in places. They are hosting a pair of Perculas. No problems at all. I've had a Torch sting the heck out of a Hammer, in the past.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new